from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To become or make volatile.
- transitive v. To evaporate or cause to evaporate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to be or become volatile
- v. to evaporate or sublime
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To render volatile; to cause to exhale or evaporate; to cause to pass off in vapor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To cause to exhale or evaporate; cause to pass off or be diffused in vapor or invisible effluvia.
- To become volatile; pass off or be diffused in the form of vapor.
- Also spelled volatilise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make volatile; cause to pass off in a vapor
Sorry, no etymologies found.