from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To subject to the fumes of ether; anesthetize.
- transitive v. To etherify.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To convert into ether.
- v. To render insensible by means of ether, as by inhalation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To convert into ether.
- transitive v. To render insensible by means of ether, as by inhalation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To convert into the chemical substance ether.
- To subject to the influence of ether: as, to etherize a patient.
- Also spelled etherise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. anesthetize with ether
ether + -ize. Compare French éthériser. (Wiktionary)