from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To place under the influence of a narcotic.
- transitive v. To put to sleep; lull.
- transitive v. To dull; deaden.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To use a narcotic in order to make someone drowsy or insensible; to anesthetize.
- v. To dull the senses.
- v. To make something into a narcotic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To imbue with, or subject to the influence of, a narcotic; to put into a state of narcosis.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To bring under the influence of a narcotic; affect with stupor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. administer narcotics to
Sorry, no etymologies found.