from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To combine with or subject to the action of hydrogen, especially to combine (an unsaturated oil) with hydrogen to produce a solid fat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. (transitive) to treat something, or react something, with hydrogen; especially to react an unsaturated fat with hydrogen, in the presence of a nickel catalyst, to produce a harder saturated fat
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To hydrogenize.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To cause to combine with hydrogen; hydrogenize.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. combine or treat with or expose to hydrogen; add hydrogen to the molecule of (an unsaturated organic compound)
Sorry, no etymologies found.