from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To change into phosphates or a phosphate.
- transitive v. To treat with phosphate or phosphoric acid.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to convert something into a phosphate
- v. to treat something with phosphate or phosphoric acid
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To reduce to the form of a phosphate.
- To treat with phosphates, as with phosphatic medicines or fertilizing phosphates.
Sorry, no etymologies found.