from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make or become acid.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to make something (more) acidic or sour; to convert into an acid.
- v. to neutralize alkalis, as to acidify sugar
- v. to sour, to embitter.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make acid; to convert into an acid.
- transitive v. To sour; to imbitter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make acid; convert into an acid; render sour; sour, literally or figuratively.
- To become acid or sour.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. turn acidic
- v. make sour or more sour
From acid + -fy, from Latin acidus ("sour, acid"); compare French acidifier. (Wiktionary)