American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To make solid, compact, or hard.
- v. To make strong or united.
- v. To become solid or united.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To convert from a liquid or gaseous state to a solid state; make solid or compact: as, to solidify hydrogen.
- To become solid or compact: as, water solidifies into ice through cold.
- v. transitive To make solid; convert into a solid body.
- v. transitive To concentrate; consolidate.
- v. intransitive To become solid; to freeze.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To make solid or compact.
- v. To become solid; to harden.
- v. become solid
- v. make solid or more solid; cause to solidify
- From French solidifier. (Wiktionary)
“A big reason for not including Gears in Chrome for Mac in the interim, as we wait for HTML5 to solidify, is a technical hurdle.”
“Poor Don, mugged and then forced to solidify is false identity.”
“Becky and Justin solidify their friendship as the mayhem escalates to biological warfare, and they and their families face ethical and space-time dilemmas.”
“Again, I would strongly disagree with that kind of conduct of American national security policy, particularly since it would legitimize Raul Castro in the position that he's trying to solidify, which is a furtherance of an oppressive, repressive regime, which has caused the people of Cuba to suffer in every imaginable way, including economically for many, many years.”
“We met again in 2010 at the NYU campus in Florence that gave us our name to solidify the mission, agenda and goals of our coalition.”
“Things are starting to solidify, which is good," Woods said.”
“- When new tech terms solidify, they stick on tight.”
“Fans are beginning to "solidify" their allegiances?”
“She ` s doing that on Facebook and everywhere else now because there ` s a platform to kind of solidify that.”
“BUT, I did not like the way other people wanted to put me on a pedestal and "solidify" who I was, so that stayed in alignment with their image of me.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘solidify’.
Looking for tweets for solidify.