from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make solid, compact, or hard.
- transitive v. To make strong or united.
- intransitive v. To become solid or united.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make solid; convert into a solid body.
- v. To concentrate; consolidate.
- v. To become solid; to freeze.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make solid or compact.
- intransitive v. To become solid; to harden.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To convert from a liquid or gaseous state to a solid state; make solid or compact: as, to solidify hydrogen.
- To become solid or compact: as, water solidifies into ice through cold.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. become solid
- v. make solid or more solid; cause to solidify
From French solidifier. (Wiktionary)