from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make alkaline.
- intransitive v. To become an alkali.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To cause to become more basic and less acidic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To render alkaline; to communicate the properties of an alkali to.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To change into an alkali; communicate the properties of an alkali to; alkalify. Also spelled alkalise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. turn basic and less acidic
Sorry, no etymologies found.