American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To convert or become converted to acetic acid or vinegar.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To convert into vinegar; make acetous.
- To become acetous; be converted into vinegar.
- v. transitive To convert into acid or vinegar.
- v. intransitive To turn acid - Encyc. Dom. Econ
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To convert into acid or vinegar.
- v. To turn acid.
- v. make sour or more sour
- v. turn acidic
- From Latin acetum ("vinegar") + -fy or Back-formation from acetification. (Wiktionary)
“The warmer the temperature up to around 85°F/30°C and the larger the surface area exposed to the air, the faster the liquid will acetify.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘acetify’.
Another of my random palavery lists for terms and phrases that don't fit into any of my other lists.
Looking for tweets for acetify.