from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A salt or ester of sulfonic acid.
- transitive v. To introduce into (an organic compound) one or more sulfonic acid groups.
- transitive v. To treat with sulfonic acid.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any salt or ester of a sulfonic acid.
- v. To treat or react with a sulfonic acid, or to introduce such a group into a compound.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a salt of sulphonic acid
Sorry, no etymologies found.