from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make or become slightly acid.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make something slightly, or moderately acid; to acidify
- v. To make sour in a moderate degree; to sour somewhat
- v. To use an acidic catalyst. The chemical change being emphasised over the importance of the change in ph. Used in the processing of biodiesel co-products.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make sour or acid in a moderate degree; to sour somewhat.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To tincture with an acid; render somewhat acid or sourish.
- Figuratively, to sour, as the mind; embitter; make cross or captious.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make sour or more sour
acidul(ous) + -ate1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)