from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To reduce to or separate into atoms.
- transitive v. To reduce to tiny particles or a fine spray.
- transitive v. To break into small fragments.
- transitive v. To subject to bombardment with atomic weapons.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to separate into atoms
- v. to make into a fine spray
- v. to fragment (can be used metaphorically)
- v. to bomb with nuclear weapons
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To reduce to atoms, or to fine spray.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To speculate respecting atoms. Cudworth.
- To reduce to atoms; reduce to very small particles, as a liquid; spray.
- Also spelled atomise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. break up into small particles
- v. spray very finely
- v. strike at with firepower or bombs
Sorry, no etymologies found.