from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. Medicine To excise, amputate, or otherwise destroy the biological function of (a body tissue, for example).
- transitive v. To remove by erosion, melting, evaporation, or vaporization.
- intransitive v. To become ablated; undergo ablation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To take away; remove.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. remove an organ or bodily structure
- v. wear away through erosion or vaporization
Back-formation from ablation.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)