from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To give individuality to; individualize.
- transitive v. To form into a separate, distinct entity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make, or cause to appear, individual.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Undivided.
- transitive v. To distinguish from others of the species; to endow with individuality; to divide into individuals; to discriminate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make individual; give the character of individuality to; discriminate or mark as distinct; individualize.
- Undivided; indivisible.
- In metaphysics, rendered individual; brought down from the ideal world of forms to the world of individual existence; individuated.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. give individual shape or form to
- v. give individual character to
Sorry, no etymologies found.