from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To deprive of position, rank, or authority; depose.
- transitive v. To cause the ruin of; destroy.
- transitive v. To alter the nature or characteristics of.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To destroy; to cause (a made article) to lose its nature.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To destroy the form and qualities of; to deprive of being; to uncreate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To destroy the essential form and qualities of; cause to cease to exist; annihilate; uncreate; annul, reverse, or essentially change the nature or office of.
- To leave unmade, unformed, uncreated, or unfashioned.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. deprive of certain characteristics
un- + make (Wiktionary)