from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To remove from the throne; depose.
- transitive v. To remove from a prominent or powerful position.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To depose; to forcibly relieve a monarch of the monarchy.
- v. To remove any governing authority from power.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To remove or drive from a throne; to depose; to divest of supreme authority and dignity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To remove or drive from a throne; depose; divest of royal authority and dignity.
- To divest of rule, or of supreme power or authority.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. remove a monarch from the throne
de- + throne (Wiktionary)