Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Middle English form of moon.
- n. A Middle English form of moan.
- To admonish; advise; explain.
- n. Mind; preference.
- n. A companion.
- n. A Middle English form of money.
- Same as moun.
- n. Mind; preference.
- v. transitive To admonish; advise; explain.
- n. obsolete Communion; participation; companionship.
- n. obsolete Sexual intercourse.
- n. archaic A companion.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. obsolete The moon.
- n. obsolete A moan.
- From Middle English monien, from Old English monian, manian ("to bring to mind what ought to be done, urge upon one what ought to be done, admonish, warn, exhort, instigate, bring to mind what should not be forgotten, remind, suggest, prompt, tell what ought to be done, teach, instruct, advise, claim, demand, ask of a person, remember"), from Proto-Germanic *manōnan (“to admonish”), from Proto-Indo-European *men- (“to think”). Cognate with Eastern Frisian mania ("to admonish"), Dutch manen ("to admonish"), German mahnen ("to remind, admonish, urge"). (Wiktionary)
“This Greek form is commonly believed to be connected with monos, lonely or single, and is suggestive of a life of solitude; but we cannot lose sight of the fact that the word mone, from a different root, seems to have been freely used, e.g. by”
“But round about the Iland, for the space of 7. or 8. moneths in a yere there floateth ise, making a miserable kind of mone, and not vnlike to mans voice, by reason of the clashing together.”
“In one of them, Bush pops out and takes your mone.”
“Yes | No | Report from Red wrote 1 year 1 week ago blah, I get pretty good reception under this rock of mone!”
“For my * mone* there's no better value than a Prime quality beef standing rib roast for flavor and tenderness when prepared properly.”
“If you're reading these all day, you're probably not publishing anything, so probably not making much mone -- okey-dokey.”
“Edison Pena and I spoke on the phone later and he apologized for not giving me the interview and for asking for mone”
“Hurry – send mone to Alaska – the governor is riding free again.”
“If I recall only 3% of the stimulus mone has been put to use. 1/3rd of the American Auto industry is gone because we decided to build cars bigger and less fuel effiicient than needed.”
“If the police had continued normal uniform policing (or mone) this area would have been fine.”
Looking for tweets for mone.