from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Either of two large flat bones each forming one of the lateral halves of the pelvis and consisting of the fused ilium, ischium, and pubis. Also called innominate bone.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of hip bone.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the innominate bone; -- called also haunch bone and huckle bone.
- n. Either of two large flaring bones, each forming one half of the pelvis; made up of the ilium and ischium and pubis.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The ischium, or inferior part of the pelvis on each side: loosely extended to the whole innominate bone which forms each side of the pelvis, and to the upper part of the thigh-bone. Also called haunch-bone.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large flaring bone forming one half of the pelvis; made up of the ilium and ischium and pubis
Sorry, no etymologies found.