from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. Past participle of throw.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Past participle of throw
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- a. & p. p. from throw, v.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Twisted: as, thrown silk (which see, under silk).
- In geology and mining, moved out of its original position by a fault, or intersecting dike or vein, or fissure of any kind, whether filled with ore, gossan, flucan, or whether simply a crack.
- Turned. Compare throw, transitive verb 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. caused to fall to the ground
- adj. twisted together; as of filaments spun into a thread
Sorry, no etymologies found.