from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To defrock.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To remove from status as a member of a clergy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To deprive or divest or a frock; specifically, to deprive of priestly character or privilege.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To deprive of a frock; divest of a frock; hence, referring to a monk's frock, to deprive of ecclesiastical rank or authority.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. divest of the frock; of church officials
Sorry, no etymologies found.