from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To pluck the feathers from.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To strip of feathers or plumage.
- v. To lay bare; to expose.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To strip or pluck off the feather of; to deprive of of plumage.
- transitive v. To lay bare; to expose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To strip or pluck the feathers from; deprive of plumage; pluck.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. strip of feathers
- v. strip of honors, possessions, or attributes
If God forgives, then we must do the same. nom deplume, esq.
Thank the Lord that she is not our Vice President!!! nom deplume
She will continue to do the magnificent job that she always does. nom deplume, esq.
This would be ok in the dubya administration but not in Presidents Obama's nom deplume, esq.
I am glad someone of his stature will mention it because it needs to be mentioned nom deplume, esq.
Change our great-great-great grandkids can afford nom deplume, esq.
Is this supposed to be a god thing for Dodd ... nom deplume, esq.
He got caught up in a situation he could never survive. nom deplume
Unfortunately the 'Medal of Freedom' lost any credibility once Bush Jr. awarded it to George Slam-Dunk-Case-For-Iraq-War Tenet. nom deplume, esq.
What a sad day for Minnesota and the USA nom deplume
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.