from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To strip of priestly privileges and functions.
- transitive v. To deprive of the right to practice a profession.
- transitive v. To deprive of an honorary position.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to divest of a frock
- v. to formally remove the rights and authority of a member of the clergy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To divest of the frock, i. e. to deprive (a priest, minister, etc.) of official ecclesiastical authority; -- of church officials.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as unfrock.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. divest of the frock; of church officials
de- + frock 'vestment' (Wiktionary)