from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make (a church, synagogue, or temple, for example) no longer consecrated.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To remove the consecration from a church or similar building
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To deprive of sacredness; to secularize.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To deprive of the character conferred by consecration; secularize.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. remove the consecration from a person or an object
Sorry, no etymologies found.