from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act, or an instance of atomizing
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of reducing to atoms, or very minute particles; or the state of being so reduced.
- n. The reduction of fluids into fine spray.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The process of atomizing or the state of being atomized; specifically, in medicine, the reduction of liquids to the form of spray for inhalation or for application to the throat or nasal passages, and for other purposes. Also spelled atomisation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. annihilation by reducing something to atoms
- n. separating something into fine particles
Sorry, no etymologies found.