from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The total destruction of something
- n. The cancellation, erasure or deletion of something
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of obliterating, or the state of being obliterated; extinction.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of obliterating or effacing; a blotting out or wearing out; effacement; extinction.
- n. In entomology, the state of being obliterate; also, an obliterated part of a suture, margin, etc.
- n. In pathology, the closure of a canal or cavity of the body by adhesion of its walls.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. destruction by annihilating something
- n. the complete destruction of every trace of something
Sorry, no etymologies found.