from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of estranging; the act of alienating; alienation.
- n. The state of being alien; foreign, non-native.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of estranging, or the state of being estranged; alienation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of estranging, or the state of being estranged, in any sense of that word.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the feeling of being alienated from other people
- n. separation resulting from hostility
Old French estrangement, corresponding to estrange + -ment (“act, state”) (Wiktionary)