from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of arranging: the arrangement of a time and place for the meeting.
- n. The condition, manner, or result of being arranged; disposal: provided flowers and saw to their arrangement.
- n. A collection of things that have been arranged: the circular arrangement of megaliths called Stonehenge.
- n. A provision or plan made in preparation for an undertaking. Often used in the plural: made arrangements for surgery.
- n. An agreement or settlement; a disposition: Our dog will be looked after by arrangement with a neighbor.
- n. Music An adaptation of a composition for other instruments or voices or for another style of performance.
- n. Music A composition so arranged.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of arranging.
- n. The manner of being arranged.
- n. A collection of things that have been arranged.
- n. A particular way in which items are organized.
- n. Preparations for some undertaking.
- n. An agreement.
- n. An adaptation of a piece of music for other instruments, or in another style.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of arranging or putting in an orderly condition; the state of being arranged or put in order; disposition in suitable form.
- n. The manner or result of arranging; system of parts disposed in due order; regular and systematic classification
- n. Preparatory proceeding or measure; preparation.
- n. Settlement; adjustment by agreement
- n. The adaptation of a composition to voices or instruments for which it was not originally written.
- n. A piece so adapted; a transcription
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of arranging or putting in proper order; the state of being put in order; disposition in suitable form.
- n. That which is disposed in order; a system of parts disposed in due order; any combination of parts or materials.
- n. The style or mode in which things are arranged.
- n. Preparatory measure or negotiation; previous disposition or plan; preparation: commonly in the plural: as, we have made arrangements for a journey.
- n. Final settlement; adjustment by agreement: as, the arrangement of a dispute.
- n. In music: The adaptation of a composition to voices or instruments, or to a purpose, for which it was not originally designed. A piece so adapted; a transcription: as, an orchestral arrangement of a song, an opera, or the like.
- n. Structure, form.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the thing arranged or agreed to
- n. a piece of music that has been adapted for performance by a particular set of voices or instruments
- n. an organized structure for arranging or classifying
- n. the act of arranging and adapting a piece of music
- n. an orderly grouping (of things or persons) considered as a unit; the result of arranging
- n. the spatial property of the way in which something is placed
Leipheimer understands the arrangement is a quid pro quo for the Giro d'Italia, which Armstrong is scheduled to race in for the first time in May with Astana.
Mr. Tomlin essentially argues that this arrangement is the best option Chumby had for a business model.
"But this arrangement is an open invitation to lawlessness."
National Endowment for the Arts. Of course this arrangement is a gigantic subsidy for developers to use the least suitable land for their projects because the profit can be so large.
One advantage of the arrangement is the attention it draws to unlikely bedfellows.
The only thing that would change would be what they called the arrangement.
Sasol Oil said on Thursday it had concluded a term arrangement for the supply of one million tons of Kuwait crude oil.
Liquid crystals have been called "nature's delicate phase of matter" because the molecules can be arranged in many different, characteristic ways, and because the arrangement is also easily affected by weak electrical or magnetic fields.
"There can be no short-term agreement and I'm optimistic there will be no short term arrangement whatsoever," he said.
This kind of arrangement is not what the senators expressed concern about.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.