from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang A failure to fulfill a commitment or responsibility or to face a difficulty squarely.
- n. Slang A person who fails to fulfill a commitment or responsibility.
- n. Slang An excuse for inaction or evasion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Avoidance or inadequate performance of a task or duty; the action of copping out.
- n. An excuse made in order to avoid performing a task or duty; a reason offered when someone cops out.
- n. A person who cops out.
Sorry, no etymologies found.