from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal Something unacceptable or impermissible: "Even though his company wasn't the one involved in the case, what he did is considered a definite no-no” ( Mike Royko).
- n. Informal A social blunder; a faux pas.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something that is forbidden, prohibited, discouraged or taboo.
- n. A no-hitter; a game in which no batter on one of the teams got a hit.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Something improper, unethical, inadvisable, or illegal.
Sorry, no etymologies found.