from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that bonds.
- n. See header.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A machine or substance used to make a bond, or a person who uses such.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who places goods under bond or in a bonded warehouse.
- n. A bonding stone or brick; a bondstone.
- n. A freeholder on a small scale.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who bonds; one who deposits goods in a bonded warehouse.
- n. In masonry, a stone which reaches a considerable distance into or entirely through a wall for the purpose of binding it together: principally used when the wall is faced with ashler for the purpose of tying the facing to the rough backing. Also called bond-stone. See cut under ashler.
- n. A yeoman of Norway, Sweden, or Denmark.
Sorry, no etymologies found.