from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Work done with a brush.
- n. The manner in which a painter applies paint with a brush.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The technique or realisation of the technique of applying and manipulating paint (usually oil or gouache) in a painting.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an artist's distinctive technique of applying paint with a brush.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an artist's distinctive technique of applying paint with a brush
Sorry, no etymologies found.