from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who sings.
- n. See songwriter.
- n. A songbird.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A man who sings songs, especially as a profession; a male singer.
- n. A male songbird.
- n. One who writes songs.
- n. A book of songs; songbook.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who sings; one skilled in singing; -- not often applied to human beings.
- n. A singing bird.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which sings or is skilled in singing.
- n. Specifically, in ornith,:
- n. A singer; a singing bird.
- n. plural Specifically, singing birds: the Oscines, Cantores, Cantatores, Acromyodi, or Polymyodi.
- n. A writer of songs or poems.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a composer of words or music for popular songs
- n. a person who sings
- n. any bird having a musical call
Derived from song + -ster. (Wiktionary)