from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An adult male voice with a range above that of tenor.
- n. A singer having a voice within this range.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a part or section performing a countermelody against the tenor or main part
- n. adult male singer who uses head tone or falsetto to sing far higher than the typical male vocal range
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or being the highest male voice; having a range above that of tenor
- n. a male singer with a voice above that of a tenor
- n. the highest adult male singing voice
counter- + tenor (Wiktionary)