from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who prunes, or a tool used in pruning
- n. Any of several unrelated beetles whose larvae attack the branches of trees
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who prunes, or removes, what is superfluous.
- n. Any one of several species of beetles whose larvæ gnaw the branches of trees so as to cause them to fall, especially the American oak pruner (Asemum mœstum), whose larva eats the pith of oak branches, and when mature gnaws a circular furrow on the inside nearly to the bark. When the branches fall each contains a pupa.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who prunes, or removes what is superfluous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a worker who thins out and trims trees and shrubs
- n. a long-handled pruning saw with a curved blade at the end and sometimes a clipper; used to prune small trees
From prune + -er. (Wiktionary)