from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A creative work, especially a musical composition numbered to designate the order of a composer's works.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A work of music or set of works with a specified rank in an ordering of a composer's complete published works.
- n. A work, especially of art.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A work
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Work; a work, as a literary or musical composition (in the latter use often abbreviated op.).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a musical work that has been created
Latin; see op- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Borrowed from Latin opus. (Wiktionary)