from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sonata having shorter movements and often less technically demanding than the typical sonata.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A musical composition resembling a sonata but shorter or simpler.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A short and simple sonata.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In music, a short or simplified sonata.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a short and simple sonata
Italian, diminutive of sonata, sonata; see sonata.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
sonata + -ina (Wiktionary)