American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A book of blank pages for notes.
- n. A light, portable computer that is generally thinner than a laptop.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A book in which notes or memoranda are or may be entered.
- n. A book in which notes of hand are registered; a bill-book.
- n. A book in which notes or memoranda are written.
- n. computing notebook computer, a class of laptop computer.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A book in which notes or memorandums are written.
- n. A book in which notes of hand are registered.
- n. a small compact portable computer
- n. a book with blank pages for recording notes or memoranda
- note + book (Wiktionary)
“This extra heat is actually the reason why a lot of manufacturers push the term notebook over laptop - having two massively complex chips running all the time means that the form factor is not ideal to use on one's lap.”
“Keeping the notebook is also (I think) spurring me to work more efficiently (I must have some progress to report each time!).”
“This notebook is the last DELL purchase I will ever choose to make or recommend to anyone who is even considering buying any DELL item.”
“Presumably, this notebook is the one referred to by the Williamses and the Shelley circle as the "Indian Journal.”
“His portfolio site has a blog section (which he refers to as his notebook) that publishes content that you should definely read.”
“The great thing about a pen and paper notebook is that the battery life is awesome ... but the search functionality sucks.”
“Only when the notebook is folded this way, does a subway map clearly appear.”
“Moleskin notebook for my analog and Evernote for my digital are my modes right now.”
“My notebook is filling up with thoughts and ideas.”
“The battery allows me to run the device for hours between chargings, far longer than my main notebook can run.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘notebook’.
A collection of book words.
My Tag Cloud
This is a list of my favourite words (phrases) in english, as a second language. I love them mostly because of how they sound and their meaning.
Very basic words for ESL students.
items used to record or track things
Words that I find are amazing
Looking for tweets for notebook.