from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pad of paper used for sketching. Also called sketchpad.
- n. A book of literary sketches.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A book or pad with blank pages for sketching; a sketch pad.
- n. A book of printed sketches.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A book of sketches or for sketches.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A book made with blank leaves of drawing-paper, adapted for use in sketching; hence, a printed book composed of literary sketches or outlines.
- n. A book in which a musical composer jots down his ideas, and works out his preliminary studies.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a book containing sheets of paper on which sketches can be drawn
Sorry, no etymologies found.