American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A brush for applying paint.
- n. The Indian paintbrush.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A brush for applying paint. For ordinary painting the brushes are made of hog-bristles; but for artists' use the finer elastic hair of other animals is employed, as of the fitch, badger, and sable.
- n. In botany, the shrubby St. John's-wort, Hypericum proliftcum, so called from its brush of yellow stamens; also the king-devil, Hieracium præaltum, named with reference to the yellow flower-head.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A brush used to apply paint.
- n. a brush used as an applicator (to apply paint)
“The artist's paintbrush is a twenty-two ton pelleteuse.”
“Pelosi gets caught bloviating about the same national securty issue that she had full knowledge of. its called the paintbrush of hypocrisy.”
“If you happened to be wandering around the premises wearing coveralls, carrying a bucket of institutional-white paint that is a perfect color match, your paintbrush was already wet, and you happened to notice a crack in thepaint ...”
“I like particularly the rust of the bucket and the tonal gredation of the yellow just above it, to be able to mimic reality with the flick of a paintbrush is a hard earned ability.”
“It's something that happens quickly, as if the paintbrush is a sword or a composer's baton, as opposed to other schools of art in which painters meticulously dab and add light brushstrokes.”
“That is where I find it difficult to hand the "paintbrush" to someone else.”
“I / O Brush - Kimiko Ryokai's electronic "paintbrush" transfers any object it touches, whether static or moving, onto a special board with eye-popping results.”
“There are a lot of funky hairstyles in anime and manga, and plenty of top knots, but none of them are quite the same as Ogiue's distinctive "paintbrush" hair.”
“To do this you use your paintbrush which is displayed at the bottom of the screen.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘paintbrush’.
A very wide category. There are possibly tens of thousands tool words in each of the world's languages.
Words that evoke creativity
Words of 10 letters, all different, can be used for encrypting, pretty securely, such things as PINs and passwords. The fly in the ointment, for me, in keeping track of them is I've got to write '...
Looking for tweets for paintbrush.