American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A paint composed of a water-soluble pigment.
- n. A work that is executed through the use of this paint.
- n. The art of using watercolors.
- n. art A painting technique using paint made of colorants suspended or dissolved in water.
- n. art Any artwork produced by this method.
- n. art Any paint used in this method.
- adj. Pertaining to the methods or products of watercolor.
- n. a water-base paint (with water-soluble pigments); used by artists
- n. a painting produced with watercolors
- n. the art or technique of painting with watercolors
- n. water-soluble pigment
- v. paint with watercolors
“The term watercolor refers to paints that use water soluble, complex carbohydrates as a binder.”
“That's the unlikely setup for the series of children's books that are written and illustrated in watercolor by Jon J.”
“I was looking at a painting (apparently, done in watercolor) that, for some reason, was scotch-taped to the refrigerator.”
“It was originally done in watercolor and dates back to 1824.”
“Wyeth worked primarily in watercolor and tempera, and his paintings often seem to have a quality of layering of light.”
“In addition to dominating landscape art during the first half of the 19th century, Turner with his technical innovations in watercolor, had a profound impact on artistic development around the world, particularly in France, where painters such as Degas, Monet, Pissarro and Renoir pointedly credited him for influencing their work, notably with his depictions of the reality of form in movement and the fugitive phenomena of light.”
“I worked all day at painting while she drew her amusing sketches in watercolor, or posed for me, or read a great deal.”
“Are you a tattoo artist or do you dabble in watercolor?”
“I wonder if you would be so kind as to allow me permission to render some of your photos in watercolor? ...”
“[O] ne of the highest-rated Xbox games of all time — the one sitting there at No. 8, just below “Call of Duty 4” and just above “Guitar Hero II” on the Metacritic charts — is a little downloadable thing decorated in watercolor artwork and steeped in old-school gameplay and basically created by one guy with a punk rock attitude and, if I had to guess, a brain approaching the size of the sun.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘watercolor’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
An eclectic list of words pertaining to and describing water.
"...I am the faithful husband of the rain,
I love the water of wells and springs
and the taste of roofs in the...
Words to describe art of the fauvist movement
Words that have been smashed together.
I so desperately want a craft room.
Looking for tweets for watercolor.