from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A paint composed of a water-soluble pigment.
- n. A work that is executed through the use of this paint.
- n. The art of using watercolors.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A painting technique using paint made of colorants suspended or dissolved in water.
- n. Any artwork produced by this method.
- n. Any paint used in this method.
- adj. Pertaining to the methods or products of watercolor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a water-base paint (with water-soluble pigments); used by artists
- n. a painting produced with watercolors
- n. the art or technique of painting with watercolors
- n. water-soluble pigment
- v. paint with watercolors
Sorry, no etymologies found.