from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To cover, treat or polish with graphite
- n. Alternative form of black lead.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Plumbago; graphite. It leaves a blackish mark somewhat like lead. See graphite.
- transitive v. To coat or to polish with black lead (graphite).
- n. graphite or plumbago; -- so called from its leadlike appearance and streak.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Amorphous graphite; plumbago. See graphite.
- n. A pencil made of graphite.
- To cover with plumbago or black-lead; apply black-lead to.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. used as a lubricant and as a moderator in nuclear reactors
- v. cover with graphite
Sorry, no etymologies found.