from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A hard rubber produced by vulcanization.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A hard rubber made by vulcanization with sulfur; ebonite
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Hard rubber produced by vulcanizing with a large proportion of sulphur.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The harder of the two forms of vulcanized india-rubber, the other form being known as soft rubber.
- n. A name sometimes given to pyroxene, from its being found i n ejected blocks and lavas
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a hard nonresilient rubber formed by vulcanizing natural rubber
Sorry, no etymologies found.