from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A book containing the scripts of dramatic plays.
- n. Sports A notebook containing descriptions and diagrams of the plays of a team, especially a football team.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A book containing the text of a play
- n. A book of games and amusements for children
- n. A book of strategies (plays) for use in American football
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A book of dramatic compositions; a book of the play.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A book containing material for amusement or pastime; a picturebook or book of games for children.
- n. A book of plays or dramatic compositions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a notebook containing descriptions and diagrams of the plays that a team has practiced (especially an American football team)
- n. a scheme or set of strategies for conducting a business campaign or a political campaign
- n. a book containing the scripts of one or more dramatic plays
Sorry, no etymologies found.