from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Hardcover.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A book with a solid binding.
- adj. Having a solid binding.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having rigid front and back covers, usually boards covered with paper, cloth, or leather; -- of books. Contrasted with
- n. A book with cardboard or cloth or leather covers; a hardcover book. Compare
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Any fish of the genus Callichthys; any catfish of the family Loricariidæ, found in the fresh waters of South America.
- n. In the British West Indies and British Guiana, any large beetle, especially one of the larger Scarabæidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a book with cardboard or cloth or leather covers
- adj. having a hard back or cover
Sorry, no etymologies found.