from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of theater.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of theater.
- n. Often used specifically of playhouses and drama, so as to distinguish from moviehouses and cinema.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a building where theatrical performances or motion-picture shows can be presented
- n. a region in which active military operations are in progress
- n. the art of writing and producing plays
From French théâtre. (Wiktionary)