from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A theater.
- n. A small house for children to play in.
- n. A child's toy house; a dollhouse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A theater; a venue for performing plays.
- n. A toy house for children to play in; a cubby house or Wendy house.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A building used for dramatic exhibitions; a theater.
- n. A house for children to play in; a toyhouse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A house appropriated to dramatic performances; a theater.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. plaything consisting of a small model of a house that children can play inside of
play + house (Wiktionary)