from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A river steamboat having a troupe of performers and a theater aboard for performances on the river.
- n. One who seeks attention by ostentatious behavior; a showoff.
- intransitive v. To show off.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A river steamboat having a resident theatre.
- n. A showoff.
- v. To show off.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a river steamboat on which theatrical performances could be given (especially on the Mississippi River)
Sorry, no etymologies found.