American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An end result; a consequence. See Synonyms at effect.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A going forth; a marauding expedition; incursion; inroad. Compare outroad.
- n. That which comes out of or results from something else; issue; result.
- n. Information, event, object or state of being produced as a result or consequence of a plan, process, accident, effort or other similar action or occurrence.
- n. A positive result or consequence.
- n. probability theory The result of a random trial. An element of a sample space.
- n. education The results or evidence of students' learning experience. Often used in place of desired outcomes.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. That which comes out of, or follows from, something else; issue; result; consequence; upshot.
- n. a phenomenon that follows and is caused by some previous phenomenon
- n. something that results
- out + come (Wiktionary)
“I hesitate to classify this under the Florida GOP Police Blotter given the outcome of the situation, but there's no doubt it would be there but for said outcome*, so here we go.”
“And he realized that he had contributed to the successful outcome or issue of the experiments (_outcome?”
“NOGUCHI: Sharga says he thinks the main outcome is that the delays will simply prolong an already protracted housing crisis.”
“CJ outcome is short for a Criminal Justice outcome – ie a formal sanction. on August 10, 2009 at 10: 06 am billymehan”
“While Dean admits that his latest decision to continue his campaign regardless of the Wisconsin outcome is an "obvious contradiction," he's only halfway to the truth.”
“The main outcome is the signing of the INF Treaty.”
“GMF Editor Dave Smith looks at the remaining Premier League fixtures for the 'big three' and predicts the title outcome”
“Especially when the outcome is a happy family and fabulous kids.”
“Whatever label you put on it, this outcome is a Good Thing for shooters.”
“But in the end the outcome is all that really matters.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘outcome’.
Use these and get promoted
how election is used,everything
to do with elections,synonyms
at or in (one's) ..., doctrine of election, election-address, election-ale, election bun, election cake, election commissi..., election-committee, election-cry, election-day, Election de Clerk, election dinner and 151 more...
Abbe-Helmert crit..., a priori probability, alphabet, total correlation, three-dimensional..., theoretical frequ..., time reversal test, three-series theorem, theoretical variable, tetrachoric corre..., absolutely unbias..., absolute error and 4171 more...
All words of the Lisbon Treaty
(Persons' names, foreign and grammatical words have been eliminated, MWEs have been split up into individual words. Capitalization has been retained if r...
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
Endings, results, and pinnacles. The ideal here is to somehow imply the paradoxical concept of "after-endings".
Words whose correct usage encourage freedom, but whose constant misuse by various levels of sleazy politicians (I know, redundant, but I cannot help myself) leads the unwary into believing the prec...
My big word list.
Very basic words for ESL students.
Words which are highly likely to be found in the work of learned writers.
a collection of words we study in pre-algebra
Looking for tweets for outcome.