from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A liquid condensed from vapor in distillation.
- n. A purified form; an essence: "Finally the President knows the most crucial things about every facet of reality, the pristine distillate of the world's critical information” ( Peregrine Worsthorne).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The liquid that has been condensed from vapour during distillation; normally a purified form or a fraction of an original liquid
- n. An essence of something
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The product of distillation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In chem., a fluid distilled and found in the receiver of a distilling apparatus; the product of distillation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a purified liquid produced by condensation from a vapor during distilling; the product of distilling
Sorry, no etymologies found.