American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A pathological condition resulting from a disease.
- n. A secondary consequence or result.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That which follows; a following. A band of adherents.
- n. In pathology, the consequent of a disease; a morbid affection which follows another, as cardiac disease after acute rheumatism, etc.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. An adherent, or a band or sect of adherents.
- n. That which follows as the logical result of reasoning; inference; conclusion; suggestion.
- n. (Med.) A morbid phenomenon left as the result of a disease; a disease resulting from another.
- n. any abnormality following or resulting from a disease or injury or treatment
- Latin sequela, from sequi ("follow"). Compare sequence. (Wiktionary)
- Latin sequēla, sequel; see sequel. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“These neurologic sequela are manifested as periventricular leukomalacia, seen on MRI or CT scans.”
“The article suggests that there is significant overlap between the definition of autism and the VICP's definitions of encephalopathy, seizure and sequela resulting events.”
“Finally, we are going to be hearing a good deal more about vaccines, seizure disorders, and autism as a "residual sequela" of the injury.”
“Oh, and one more sequela from this event – I despise telephones.”
“In medicine we talk about sequela, a pathological condition resulting from an injury, disease, or attack.”
“Only other sequela I've noticed is a small numb spot on the lateral side of the knee.”
“Of course there will be a sequel...if anyone has seen the first one, they obviously decided on a sequela long, long time ago.”
“The mineral mud is believed to be able to alleviate pain from rheumatoid arthritis, sequela of traumatisms and peripheral nervous system diseases.”
“And also, the sort of sequela of that, is where do you think your research fits in?”
“Flamma simul libidinis ingreditur; ira, furor et superbia, divitiarum sequela.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘sequela’.
More words for intermediate and advanced spellers.
These come from gamma meditation ,I think.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Bring forth the cathartic illumination on malignant,maniacal,medical,menage a trios and more egotists stymie
I enjoy collecting words, for I have no fear of them ever running out.
how many words can I make mine this summer?
I have a list for words learned from Newsweek; here's where I keep all the stuff from other shit I read.
Except when I'm looking stuff up and find new words that way. Those go on their...
A list of words whose meanings I am learning, either because a) I don't know the meaning b) I know the meaning, but could stand to better appreciate certain inflections or secondary meanings or c) ...
Sounds of words I like...
Looking for tweets for sequela.